MOLD REMEDIATION

We have been committed to the total treatment of mold and bacteria since 2004.  We safely and completely remove and remediate mold, as well as sanitize and deodorize homes and other building structures.  We use specialized equipment and exclusive methods that do not involve harmful chemicals.  Our process uses ozone gas – generated on site – to spray, scrub, and sanitize surfaces and air spaces quickly and cost-effectively.  

 

Mold Growth

MOLD IS A TYPE OF FUNGUS

which doesn’t need light to grow.  All it

needs is a bit of moisture and a tiny

amount of dissolved nutrients.  It actually prefers to grow in the dark and to live off the cellulose found in wood, paper, and cloth.  So it could be growing undetected for weeks or months underneath flooring, within a crawlspace, or inside a wall.

IS OZONE SAFE?

Ozone has a relatively short half-

life of approximately 30 minutes.  That means the ozone turns back into safe oxygen shortly after treatment.  We use an air exchanger to remove the dead mold spores in the air as an added service.

HOW DOES OZONE DESTROY MOLD & ODORS?

Ozone reacts with the mold and odor molecules by transferring the “extra” oxygen atom of the ozone molecule to the unwanted molecule, changing its composition so it no longer has the same chemical makeup. This chemical reaction is called oxidation.  The mold is killed and the odor is neutralized.

So how would you know?  If you’re not seeing any fuzzy blotches, you may be noticing a characteristic musty odor.  And family members (especially children and the elderly) or employees may be experiencing

  • Eye, nose, throat, or skin irritations,

  • Allergies or prolonged flu-like symptoms, and/or

  • More frequent asthma attacks.

 

Many types of mold are highly toxic, emitting airborne poisons that can lead to serious conditions such as organ damage with prolonged exposure.  You’ve probably heard about black mold.  But not all black varieties are toxic, and not all toxic varieties are black.

 

Mold spreads easily by releasing tiny almost invisible spores that float freely in the air.  Those spores are present pretty much everywhere outdoors, and usually make their way inside as well.  With the onset of any dampness mold can “bloom” in as little as 24 hours.  That could be from a leaking roof or plumbing, a large spill, natural flooding… or just poor ventilation in a bath.

 

Because of the ease with which it spreads along with the potentially very serious health hazards the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Hazards Administration) urge professional mold remediation for all but the smallest of problems and set detailed guidelines and requirements for professional mold removal (https://www.epa.gov/moldhttp://www.cdc.gov/mold/cleanup.htmhttps://www.osha.gov/SLTC/molds/).